Species: Malus domestica
God has given us this wonderful fruit to nourish and sustain us.
Did You Know?
- Apple trees are the most widely cultivated tree fruits in the world
- There are 75,000 types of apples
- Apple trees originated in Western Asia
- China is the top prodcuer of apples and the US is the second
- Other apple producing nations are: Turkey, Russia, Italy and India
Health Benefits - "An apple a day, MAY keep the doctor away"
- Apples may reduce the risk of these types of cancers: colon, prostate and lung
- Apples may help with heart disease, weight loss and may aid in controlling cholestrol